Choosing a home health care staff does not have to be difficult. Follow our guidelines below when seeking home health care help, and make sure you are informed and knowledgeable about the caregivers that are serving you!
Things to ask when selecting an agency:
- Interview several agencies
- Get references and check them
- Make a list of the services you want and ask how much it will cost
- Find out how and when you can contact the care manager
- Ask if the agency has a system for sending a substitute in case of illness or accident
- Ask if the agency will replace the aide if you are not getting along
- Ask about the skills of the aides that will be coming to your home
- Ask if there is a minimum number of hours per visit
- Know what the steps are to lodge a complaint with the agency or with the state
- Ask if the employee’s are insured and bonded
- Ask if they belong to the Better Business Bureau
- Is there a deposit?
Thank you for your help! We appreciate your kindness”
~Jim Foster & Sue & Lary Youngsteadt